I hope this note finds you and your families healthy. I just wanted to pass along some updated information regarding local Covid-19 testing sites and back to school guidelines.
- Please make sure that you do a quick well check of each of your children before sending them to school. Keep in mind that the absence of a fever does not indicate that your child is well. We are seeing positive cases with very mild symptoms to no symptoms at all especially with the elementary aged children. Do not assume that a stuffy nose or mild cough is allergies.
- If your child wakes up with a complaint, keep them home and monitor. If they feel better the next day then certainly send them back to school :) If you're not sure, give your school nurse a call.
- Make sure you clean those masks this weekend so they are ready to go on Monday. If you are in need of additional masks let us know.
- Additionally, I have been asked by many parents about the Covid antibody test. At this time we cannot exempt a student from quarantine with just a positive antibody test. This is a county guideline from the Harrison County Health Department.
- If your child has actually tested positive in the last 90 days they will be exempt from quarantine until the end of the 90 day period.
Shannan Murphy RN BSN
Health Services Coordinator